Sunday 2 September 2012

Shooting with Kodak DCS 520

Once the the camera was revived I took it for a real life test.

By modern standards it is bulky and heavy but well balanced. It works well with all  my Canon lenses, supports AF/IS functions, controls are very simple to navigate. Sensor is CCD type, 2 million pixels (1728 x 1152) 2:3 aspect ratio and 1.6x focal length multiplier. Considering that NASA is using 2 MP camera for mission to Mars specs are not bad at all.
The pictures are captured in a RAW (proprietary TIF) format which is fully supported by LR/PS. Converted to TIFF the file size is 6 MB.


I was shooting mostly with EF 70-200 1:4 L and 24-105 1:4 L lenses in aperture priority @ ISO 200 with -2/3 EV expo correction. All images were post-processed in LR to my liking.
Enjoy!

 










I really enjoyed shooting with DCS 520. It is simple, easy to use and very responsive.
No doubt it was great camera 14 years ago. But even today, with a little help of LR, you can get some descent images with unique qualities and colours. I need to experiment a bit more with B&W images which I like a lot.

Thank you for dropping by,
vkphoto

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.